SC - Rocks, Lichens and Cathedrals-OOP

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat May 15 05:53:11 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/15/99 6:33:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Tollhase1 at aol.com writes:

<< Is the wet lichen from underneath one of those rocks people keep referring
to?

 Frederich >>

Most likely. You see the Cathedral grounds has these large boulders sitting
about the grounds and the Building committee decided that the expense of
their removal was prohibitive so they incorporated them into the over all
landscaping design.

In to mean time, Margali , one of our temple accolytes decided to build a
retreat underneath one of the more formidable rocks , expanding a natural
pocket into a comfortable little hide away. It is now being used by any
number of people who, hearing the jolly laughter and sounds of corks popping
when approaching the Cathedral, are often times distracted from entering the
Sanctuary. I think it is also being used to provide a haven for those
unwilling or unable to pay their tithes but I have no direct evidence to
support such a position.

Anyway, I'm off for my daily scourging experience. Scourging is held in front
of the Altar twice daily, from 8 AM-9 AM and from 9 PM-10 PM. Clothing is
optional and for an extra donation, sitting on pins and needles can be
experienced as an added Act of Contrition. All are welcome.

Ras