SC - "personal recipies"

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed May 12 16:42:06 PDT 1999

Alethea,

>>To take the examples of the two dishes I'm currently working on;
One is "hen's eggs in nestys"; jellied almond "eggs" on a bed of lettuce.
 (I just came up with the egg idea; our Cook came up with the
presentation.)  I've retrieved a period recipe for
"Eggs in Lent,"  eyed a number of other recipes for jellied things, and
looked at some other illusion foods.  The way I'm actually making them
(please, heaven, it works...today is my first
batch.  For Saturday.  Yes, I knw, but there were complications,)  is
not, in fact, perfectly period (weren't we just arguing about seaweed
used to gel things?) but it is vegitarian and will,
I believe, work.  Which, at this point, is more important.<<

So, how are you making them to be vegetarian?  I realize you are busy
right now, but hope you will post recipies and brands of jelling
ingredients after the week-end.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA