stuffed grape leaves (was Re: SC - rocotti and cottage chease leftovers?

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Tue May 18 11:40:27 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/18/1999 12:59:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
karla at silverspin.net writes:

>  Anyone have any good recipes for these things?  Has anyone ever gone and
>  gotten fresh grape leaves to make them with?  I've only ever had them made
>  with the canned ones.
>
>  Charlotte

I stuff mine with brown rice and pine nuts, seasoned with rosemary, dill,
oregano and a little salt. Most of the supermarkets and the one middle
eastern store carry jars of grape leaves. I truly think you could stuff a
canned grape leave with shredded paper and it would taste good though.

Corwyn