SC - Honey Butter

Paul Shore shore at dcainc.com
Wed May 19 13:10:47 PDT 1999

I was reading Anne Willan's "Great Cooks and Their Recipes from Taillevent
to Escoffier" and I came across a reference to honey butter in late period.
On page 42 while discussing Bartolomeo Scappi's "Opera" (1570) she
captions a drawing "Scappi advises a cool place with high windows as a
dairy.  A kitchen boy twirls a whisk between both hands while another at
right stirs honey butter."  The drawing itself has captions which may support
her translation.

Does anyone know what "Luochi freschi doue fá lauoreri de latte" translates
as?  Or "Si fa lauoreri di latte"? Or "neueue si fa"? Or "latte mele si fa"

I also wonder, is the boy with the whisk whipping cream?

Arglwydd Aeddan ap Trahaearn
Shire of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra