SC - Recipe from an old Gourmet magazine

MAGGIE SECARA SECARAM at mainsaver.com
Mon May 24 11:04:49 PDT 1999

LOL, on the vanilla site, this typo:

En 1962 , le monopole de la vente de la vanille est établit en France par
Edit Royal.

which is to say:
In 1962, the monopoly on the sale of vanilla was established in Francs by
Royal Edict.

That late!  I think it probably means to say 1692, since royal edicts have
been out of fashion in France since 1792 or so.

Cheers!

MaggiRos
Mairghread-Rós FitzGarret of Desmond, O.L. (Caid)
secaram at mainsaver.com

A Compendium of Common Knowledge
http://ren.dm.net
NEW! The Trial of the Earl of Essex  (1601)
http://ren.dm.net/trial

	<snip>.

> For an excellent brief history of vanilla, see this URL:
> http://www.comecim.ch/fr/vanille/histovani.htm

	<snippety snip>