SC - turkish food in the North

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon May 24 15:33:17 PDT 1999

At 3:16 PM -0400 5/24/99, Varju at aol.com wrote:

>The Turks arrived into Asia Minor at a much later
>date, wiping out what remained of the Byzantine Empire.  They established the
>Ottoman Empire which expanded through much of the near and far east and as
>far north as Hungary by 1527.

I think you are confusing the Turks in general with the Ottoman Turks.
Other groups, especially the Seljuks, came much earlier; when the First
Crusade went through Anatolia, it was fighting Turks. I'm not sure if the
earliest Turkish incursions in Anatolia were as early as the Magyar
incursions, but they can't have been a lot later.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/