SC - An Interesting Cookbook- OOP

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Wed May 26 16:58:48 PDT 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: Alderton, Philippa <phlip at morganco.net>
To: SCA Cooks <sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: 26. maí 1999 23:26
Subject: SC - An Interesting Cookbook- OOP

>A neighbor just loaned me "The Virginia House-wife" by Mary Randolph,
edited
>by Karen Hess. I've found it very interesting, and I was hoping someone
>might be able to help me find my own copy.

Amazon has it - or had it fairly recently, because I got a copy from them a
couple of weeks ago. I ordered it after reading Jeffrey Steingarten´s
recommendation in The Man Who Ate Everything - he calls it "one of the five
best cookbooks ever published in this country". And I think he has something
there - it is a very good book, and very modern in many ways. (And, it does
have a sheep´s head recipe.)

Nanna