SC - Another observation on clean-up

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon May 3 07:36:17 PDT 1999

margolh at nortelnetworks.com writes:

<< The last became a problem about 10:30pm or so when a woman came in looking
 for her flatware and bowls.  We had done the flatware (she then became upset
 that it was only two knives and two forks; apparently she had lent an entire
 set to Head Table, but we had only those items in the wash, so she needs to
 track down the rest from the Royalty or whomever) but the bowls were yet to
 be done.  We did them quickly, and while doing had two other persons come in
 and ask why certain items were not done yet as they were supposed to take
 them with when they left, which was NOW, and they items should have been
 washed and packed.

Unless the items  were borrowed by the group to serve a special set of
people, their cleaning seems to me to have been the responsibility of their
owners. The dish washing crew should NEVER be expected to clean the personal
feastgear of the feasters.

If the feast gear was from high table, the person in charge of high table
should have been responsible. At the very least the Hall Steward or the the
autocrat should have taken personal responsibility for borrowed items.

 If the feast gear in question was  the personal gear of the Royals, their
removal, cleaning and return was the sole responsibility of the royal
retainers or even the royals themselves if the equipment was that important.
Many times during the reign of  both Judith/Bear and of Ruslan/Maggie, their
then Majesties would be seen in a dumpy tunic after midnight, scrubbing pots
and pans, singing; their crowns perched precariously on the tops of their
bedraggled heads.

For the complaining people to be standing around moaning and groaning because
someone else had not washed their dishes for them yet is the height of
arrogance. Had I been in that spot, I would have handed them their dishes
(washed or not) and told them to leave the kitchen area at once or strongly
urged them to waddle their arrogant self-important a***s to a sink, start
scrubbing and stop acting like an adolescent. (All said , of course, in the
most couteous of ways. :-))

Anyway, since I wasn't there, my thoughts may be  irrelevant. And yes, I did
spend this past weekend working at an event filled with people who had come
to be intertained instead of coming to live the Dream. :-)

Ras ( Kitchen Steward and all around event slave for Ladies Champion Tourney
in the Shire of Hornwood this next weekend. And , yes, there still are
on-board spaces available although they are filling rapidly.)