SC - Words of wisdom

WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Sun May 9 05:58:14 PDT 1999

In a message dated 99-05-08 18:10:37 EDT, Luveday wrote:

<< what information/ tips/ hints/ etc., would you have liked to known before
 doing your first feast? >>

1.  A good rule of thumb for increasing the spice in the correct proportions
to the rest of the dish when expanding a recipe.

2.  That two weeks is NOT the normal lead time for putting an event together.

3.  To find out from the royalty what kinds of food they like BEFORE the
event site opens.

It was 20+ years ago.  The ink wasn't dry on the BoD's letter saying we were
officially a Canton.  I and my co-autocrat (there wasn't any such thing as a
separate cook back then.  You were the autocrat.  Period.)   had been in the
SCA for maybe six months.  We did it, but didn't know the Prince was not fond
of beef.  We coped.  That's when I decided that the "C" in SCA stands for
COPE.  ;-)

Walk in peace,
Wolfmother