SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1403

Ian Gourdon agincort at raex.com
Sun May 9 17:03:42 PDT 1999

>...each feaster gets a feast token, which they attach to their selves, >their goblet, or their drinking vessel.  When th servers come around to >the tables, they check for the token. It is not as confusing as it >sounds, and can be fairly workable, if the serving staff and the cook >are willing to be a little more laid back about servings...
Tyrca

In our part of the Midrealm, tokens are fairly normal, but my favorite
system is one I've experienced at the last two Marche of the Thistle
events; Feast reservations are made out as raffle tickets at troll, and
turned in as you sit at feast for a raffle. Somebody gets a prize, and
they get a easy check for who are 'off board', without getting
complicated. Feast crashers aren't common, but this really discourages
such behavior without saying a word.
- --
Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe
- - Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
http://web.raex.com/~agincort