SC - Words of wisdom

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Mon May 10 08:05:29 PDT 1999

> Luveday asked:
> > In July, my husband and I are giving a class dealing with being a
> Kitchen
> > Steward for the first time.   What I would like to know from you good
> folks
> > is what information/ tips/ hints/ etc., would you have liked to known
> before
> > doing your first feast?

(1) Be good to your feet.  If your feet aren't happy, your day will go
poorly.
(2) Allow more time for prep (chopping, etc.) than you think you will need,
by about 25%.  If you have time left over, take a rest and eat something.
(3) Snacks are your friend.
(4) A happy kitchen full of friends produces better food.
(5) A small 2-burner coleman camping stove should always be in reserve
against that moment when you need just one more heat source.  A coleman
stove works as well in a fancy kitchen, sitting on the counter, as it does
in a campsite on a picnic table.
(6) Someone other than you should do the bulk of the heavy cleanup.  Insist
on it.  Be prepared to stay around and give direction, but if you are in
dishwater at 11 p.m., there's something wrong.
(7) There is no such thing as too many serving bowls.