SC - re: accommodating at feasts

Terri Millette wayspiff at ici.net
Tue May 11 23:30:04 PDT 1999

This is inherantly wrong. You are lying no matter whose feelings are
going to be hurt and perpetuating the intolerance in Cooks (myself
included) for whiney people who have false allergies

I would rather know straight out that someone doesn't like something,
if they can be reasonable about it, i'd even like to know why,
perhaps it can be improved upon.

How you handle it? Yes I agree. But I think you have the angle wrong.
It shouldn't be how you handle your food preferences. Shouldn't it
read, how COOKS handle being told a person doesn't like (whether it be
a mild dislike or projectile dislike) a food. I still can't figure out
why one would take it personally.

If out of the 1-200 people I feed, a handfulll of people don't like
what I made, thats cool. ( you can't please all of the people all of
the time? ) My gripe is still with the idiots who complain about my
not considering their  special needs when they never told me about
them . But don't lie about it.

Fiona