SC - "personal recipies"

LordVoldai at aol.com LordVoldai at aol.com
Wed May 12 16:25:25 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/12/99 5:19:28 PM Central Daylight Time, ddfr at best.com
writes:

> If you really believe that, and are not merely employing rhetorical
>  exaggeration,  you can't have looked very carefully at period recipes. How
>  can following a recipe that contains no quantities, temperature or times
>  "leave out any creative input that an individual cook may have?

Thank you, this is another piont that i wanted to bring up but forgot to in
my tirade <g>.  yes i have been cooking for some time and working with period
redactions and recipies .  i also agree with your other points.  when i am
proposing any change in a recipie, i confer with other period cooking
athorities in the area to find an acceptable alternative.

	if one is well versed in period cookery, then an alternative can be
found. i know here in ansteorra that potatos are difficult to avoid simply
because of the modern expectations of the diners.  trying to find a period
alternative is a thin wire to walk when Duke (all you can eat) Buffet wants
his beef and potatoes.

Voldai