SC - Re: Bull-Fries

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Fri May 14 11:52:45 PDT 1999

>-Poster: Elysant <Snowfire at mail.snet.net>
>
>Nanna - I believe you mentioned there was a traditional Icelandic recipe
for
>Bull's Testicles?  Am I correct?

Well, lamb´s testicles were - and still are - very popular, usually boiled,
then preserved in fermented whey (sýra), as I´ve told you about. There are
references to bull´s testicles being treated in the same manner but no
recipe as such - not that I can recall. When I was a child several lamb´s
testicles were usually stuffed inside a pouch sewn from a portion of the
stomach before being boiled and if calves were being slaughtered at the same
time, I´m sure their testicles were included also.

Nanna

P.S. The testicles are rather good, if you have a taste for whey-preserved
Icelandic food. I have no idea what others would think of the stuff.