SC - Sources, not sauces... slightly OT

Dottie Elliott macdj at flash.net
Sun May 16 03:20:13 PDT 1999

>I opted out of the A&S competitions years ago mainly because of superficial
>and erroneous evaluations.

Oh, I was once told that they didn't fry things in the middle ages so
what I had done was not period. As a potter I know the archeaologists
have found ceramic items that look suspiciously like fry pans and that
the archeaologists call fry pans. As someone trying to translate medieval
italian I know I have found words that today would translate as frying.
So I believe they did fry things at some level. So I just started adding
info on the methods the various foods I cook would have been cooked in
period to help with this little bit of lack of info. Since then I have
been told other things but not that I can't fry :).

Clarissa