SC - Re: German Food

Valoise Armstrong varmstro at zipcon.net
Tue May 18 22:03:37 PDT 1999

Mistress Christianna,
In addition to Ein Buch von guter spise there are these pages:

German Feast Menus and Documentations
This one has translations and redactions from several cookbooks for three
feasts. Done by Mistress Caterina (Alia Atlas).
http://www.cs.bu.edu/students/grads/akatlas/Feasts/feasts/contents.html

Das Kochbuch der Sabina Welserin
My translation to this without redactions is at"
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/Medieval/Cookbooks/Sabrina_Welserin.html

Thomas Gloning has portions of several cookbooks on his site and a few of
them have been translated.
http://www.uni-giessen/de/~g909/kobu.html

14th Century German Meal
I haven't visited this site in a while, don't remember whose it is. There
are redactions from Guter spise (I think that's where they're from.)
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/4756.germ1htm

This might give you a good start. I don't have the url for Gwen Cat's page,
but she also has some redactions.

Valoise