SC - What's cooking at the Tabard?

Ben Engelsberg bengels at chronic.lpl.arizona.edu
Sat May 22 14:44:50 PDT 1999

Other things that seem likely are:

Potage or cooked grains of some sort, possibly restored dried legumes,
Certainly local produce, eggs, and nuts might have been served.  As with
modern rustic eateries, it is probably both seasonally varied, and based
upon what is locally produced.  For the best idea, look at what could have
been preserved locally, or harvested fresh.

If we are looking at a locale near the sea, all manner of dried fish,
fresh fish, etc are also likely.