SC - Bread throwing (was Re: Pot Luck)

kat kat at kagan.com
Fri May 28 11:33:20 PDT 1999

Raoghnailt writes:

>     The other thing that gets me are food fights and the bread I spent
all
> day baking is being used for ammo.

We came up with a couple of good solutions for this, after the excrement
hit the fan in our Barony over this very subject.

1)	Designate one or two events where bread throwing is permitted.  The
Autocrat is responsible for buying "throwing bread" (cotton fluff Wonder
bread, or whatever's cheapest) and alerting the populace to proper usage.

2)	A small, discreet stack of notepaper on each table and a couple of pens
will give you a "virtual" food fight.  Pass notes giving detailed
explanations of where the item hit, and what it did to your
body/garb/whatever.

We implemented both of these ideas after we almost lost an entire household
due to outrage.  Now things are MUCH nicer...

	- kat