SC - Re: Seeking wheat illumination OOP

Karen tyrca at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 06:22:51 PDT 1999

Allison observed:

The spaetzle are much lighter than Italian pasta.  With the recent
thread
on cheeses, it makes me wonder what reaction you'd get if you did 2
dishes, different courses, in the same feast, with spaetzle and a
German
soft butter kaese, and an Italian pasta with Parmesan, or Gorgonzola.
Would they think they had 2 different dishes, or the same
one--re-hashed,
so to speak?

Hmmm...what theme would combine those 2?  Maximilian's wedding to the
Szorza connections?  An Italian cook and a German cook in a
cook-off...now, where to find an auto..oops, Event Steward?

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc
<<<<<<<<

After my 5 years living in Germany, I found that the German and Italian
peoples were much more alike in many things than we here in the US
suppose.  I think it is because of the centuries of the Holy Roman
Emperor from Charlemagne on down.

You could have a Carolingian feast that would nicely tie the two
cultures together.  We lived in Pirmasens, Germany, which was one of
the favorite hunting lodges in the Pfalzerwald for Emperor Barbarosa,
and one can see today the Italian and French influence on cooking,
architecture, and even language.

Sounds good, though.  I would enjoy an Italian and German feast! Really
good food, and good resources to find recipes!

Tyrca

===
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
- -"Honesty is Everything"
AoA, OPN, ASTA, oleander
Barony of Elfsea (Life is Good in Elfsea!)
(all sorts of places in and around Ft. Worth, TX)
Kingdom of Ansteorra