SC -Guild Newsletters?

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Mon May 3 16:52:24 PDT 1999

And it came to pass on 3 May 99,, that Laura C Minnick wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, in the current form it is called "A Watched Pot".

Several years ago, I bought a booklet entitled "The Best of 'A Watched
Pot'" at Pennsic.  One of the best simple subtleties I ever did at a feast
came out of that booklet -- fake cattails made from bamboo skewers
and scallions and little smoked sausages.  I stuck several cattails into
half a Granny Smith apple, and set them on a platter beside a roast
duck.  My lord, who was directing the servers, reported that several
tables were delighted when they belatedly realized that what they had
taken to be merely decorative was in fact, edible.

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann