SC - illusion food - cattails

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue May 4 05:09:54 PDT 1999

And it came to pass on 4 May 99,, that Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

> I assume the wooden skewer goes through the scallion and through the
> sausage, so it is invisible,

Yes, exactly.

> and you can use more scallion to cover the
> other end of the skewer too.

I confess I didn't try that; I will next time.

> As for its effectiveness as an illusion, I
> can only say the, uh, um, romantic lighting of most feast halls, and a
> _small_ willful suspension of disbelief, probably make it a pretty good
> illusion.

Dimness conceals all manner of things.  :-)

The fuzziness of the cattail was somewhat represented by the fact that I
used smoked sausages (Hillshire Farms L'il Smokies, to be precise),
which are rather more wrinkled and rough in texture than the average
sausage.

> Adamantius

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain