SC - Accomodating Vegetarians at Period Feasts

Sharon R. Saroff sindara at pobox.com
Wed May 5 14:40:19 PDT 1999

The feasts I have attended here in Ansteorra have usually offerred some
kind of veggie stew for vegetarians so that they don't starve through the
meat filled courses.  Since I eat mostly vegetarian when I eat out I ask
what is on the menu before I make reservations.  There is usually some kind
of salad and vegetable dish in each course and some courses include things
like noodles and some non-meat sauce, cheese pie or rice.  When I have
cooked feasts I have always made sure that there is enough food for
vegetarians by including a vegetable dish and a pasta or grain dish in each
course and offering a vegetarian soup instead of a meat soup for one of the
main dishes.  So far this has worked.

Sindara