SC - Pennsic Critter

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Fri May 7 08:52:52 PDT 1999

OK, folks, I'm making a list of people who want in on the slaughtering
class.

So far, I have:

Mistress Christianna
Brangwayna Morgan
Stefan
Frederich
Vika
Angeline
and Margali as a slip-in-if-she's- there alternate.

Anyone I missed? If so, please post me.

Christianna has kindly agreed to do a proper haggis, and if Ras wants to
join us, I'd like to ask him to do a blood sausage. Any one else who'd like
to join, please let me know quickly.

As things stand, the consensus seems to be for a lamb, I've got butchering
charts on the way for handouts, and my local extension service will loan me
full sized posters.

As far as the date and time, etc goes, I'd like to do it on Sunday from noon
to 4 PM, giving us a day for the meat to cool out before the potluck. Fee
should be about $10.00 and class size should be 10-15. Those who join the
class will, if they so desire, be given a piece of the animal to prepare for
the potluck- I'm now looking for recipes- any PERIOD suggestions will be
delightedly accepted. I want to confine the more complicated ones to List
members, and have some easy ones for anybody who signs up at Pennsic.. All
class attendees will be invited to the potluck, I think, with those who
can't cook part of the lamb not expected to bring anything else unless they
want to- the rest of us butchers will cover for them, and they will have
paid for their share.

Frederich has kindly agreed to act as a driver to get us to the slaughter
site, so with my van, we can haul about 15 people as is, but a back up
driver would be appreciated.

Thanks to Bogdan, there is a gentle in the area looking for a site and a
lamb for us, and I should hear in a week.

Alys, I'm ccing this to you so you don't have to dig it out of the Digest-
I'll be sending you a formal application form later today.

Phlip

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig