SC - Accomodating Vegetarians at Period Feasts

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Fri May 7 11:57:17 PDT 1999

M. Adamantius writes:
>>I guess they could, but there are enough genuine, period European,
vegetarian recipes that so far, in sixteen years or so, I haven't had to
repeat them to the point of boredom.<<

The earliest sources have fewer vegetable recipes, by far, than the late
period sources.  Master A, do you do mostly late period feasts, or do you
incorporate later recipes in with earlier feasts?  I can't say that I am
'bored' with my winter's experiments, because they are good foods, but
I'm certainly ready for something besides leeks, beans, peas and cabbage
in all their manifestations.

Which veggies do you like and what variety do you find for all your
feasts?

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA