SC - Qyercyan? apple cake

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Mon May 10 00:24:58 PDT 1999

On Mon, 10 May 1999 LordVoldai at aol.com wrote:

> Good Genteles,
>
> Below is a recipe from one of my aforementioned television shows.  The first
> part of the name is supposedly from france.  Has anyone ever heard of this
> region and is this recipe (ro some form of it) period.  I thank you in
> advance for any enlightenment you may give.

Kind sir,
	I don't know anything about the recipe, though apples are grown
near Quercy (one of many spellings). Quercy's claim to fame is that it is
where Pepin the Short (father of Charlemagne) swore an oath to protect the
Church and the Papacy. The name of Quercy was invoked as a reminder of the
Frankish crown's oath, and several times was used by the Pope to get
Charles' attention.(It's sure helps that my daughter, Lady Rotrude, is of
Frankish stock- and I have Chronicles of such matters!)

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731