SC - whey preserved foods (long)

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon May 17 16:42:45 PDT 1999

Nanna-

First, let me thank you for your lichen and whey postings- I learned quite a
bit ;-)

You said:

>Do you also get the letters Þ, þ, Ð and ð? If you do, you probably have
installed an Icelandic/Old English font on your Mac; most standard Macintosh
fonts do not include these characters. Most PC fonts do.<

Do you have a clue as to how I couls get and use these fonts? They came
through fine on my machine, but there are times when I'd like to use them,
at least the thorn symbol, for typing out docs on various topics.

I also think the difference might be in the program you're using, as far as
fonts go. I've been talking to Adamantius on PAL, a chat program, and the
initial letter of his group, Ostgardr, which is a slashed O, just doesn't
pass through- if he writes it, I get stgrdr.

Phlip

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig