SC - Rose Syrup

THLRenata at aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Fri May 21 14:28:41 PDT 1999

 On Wed, 19 May 1999 01:08:25 -0000 Dottie Elliott <macdj at flash.net>
 writes:
 >I have a friend who is looking for rose syrup to make cordials. Does
 >anyone know what type of store I could suggest she find to buy this
 >ingredient?
 >
 >Clarissa >>

The rose one can buy at Middle Eastern markets is (IMO) waaaay too full of
artificial colors and excess citric acid.

Rose syrup is easy to make, altho time consuming.  Check out my article
"Divers Pretty Things Made of Roses and Sugar".  It has recipes for rose
syrup and step by step instructions.  The article is in the Florilegium and
also on Master Huen's website.

Renata
Barony of Altavia
Kingdom of Caid