SC - turkish food in the North

Kappler, MMC Richard A. KAPPLERR at swos.navy.mil
Mon May 24 09:12:22 PDT 1999

Adamantius siad:

> the possibility
> exists that there is some kind of link between certain Scandinavian
and
> Turkish foods.

I shouldn't be surprised at all.  If you back up history a little
further to when they were Magyars instead of Turks, IIRC you'll find
they settled in/conquered not only Anatolia, but also what is now know
as Hungary and Finland.  Granted, that doesn't put them in Sweden, but
right next door.

On a side note, I must admit I'm rather bemused at being the subject of
such a bruhaha, instead of my usual role as causer of bruhaha's, but to
set the matter to rest in my mind, I did not drown, nor did my dawg,
although we got caught by a surprise storm and a few of my passengers
were a little green around the gills (5 foot beam seas :-), my sturdy
(27 ft) boat and I made it back quite safely with all passengers intact.

a three hour tour...a three hour tour, Puck