Lamb (was Re: SC - New Job)

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Wed May 26 07:06:14 PDT 1999

And it came to pass on 26 May 99,, that Stefan li Rous wrote, while heading for the rock:

> Diana commented:
> > ...so I can be extremely happy for anyone who can get ahead.
> >
> > Enjoy it in good health!
>
> Well I think what we are actually looking for for Pennsic is a whole lamb
> including the head.   :-)

Lamb, hmmmm?  I have a recipe for stuffed calf head, I have a recipe for
stuffed kid's head... no lamb.  Sorry.

Actually, there seem to be very few period recipes for lamb, although
there are many for mutton, and quite a few for kid and calf.  I would
surmise that this is because adult sheep of both genders are productive,
in a way that goats and cattle are not.  Anyone who is wise in medieval
animal husbandry wish to comment?

Brighid

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)