SC - Lamb recipe

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Thu May 27 20:50:18 PDT 1999

And it came to pass on 27 May 99,, that LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

[quoting me]
> << This is the only Spanish recipe for lamb that I have come across.  >>
>
> I don't know what you are defining as Spanish

I was referring to the 15th-16th century Spanish cookbooks that I am
familiar with.  They contain many recipes for "carnero" (mutton), but I
could only find one that specified "cordero" (lamb).

> but a The Andakusian Cookbook contains  not a few recipes for sheep of varying ages.

Looking at my copy, I see that this is so.  I know nothing about Arabic,
so perhaps HG Cariadoc or some other wise gentle could comment on
the terminology used in the original.  Is it specific as to the age of the
beast?  If so, then I then have to wonder: what changed (culinarily
speaking) between the Islamic period and the Christian era in Spain?

Brighid

Harper *** Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net
Down from 289 to 149-153
Now exploring MaintenanceLand in size 14 pants
"Scales lie.  Pants don't lie"