SC - Pot Luck

Stephanie E Rudin mercedes71 at juno.com
Fri May 28 09:49:50 PDT 1999

Actually, it is not a period recipe.  It is an adaptation of a Frugal
Gourmet recipe for barley mushroom casserole, from the immigrant ancestor
cookbook.  I use stock in the amount of the water that it calls for on
the box of barley and I add about a pound of sliced mushrooms and one
large yellow onion, chopped.  I also add a teaspoon or two of thyme, some
garlic and some pepper.  We use the original recipe all the time for
feasts.  I can type it in this weekend some time if you want the whole
thing.  For the crockpot thing I just throw things randomly into the pot.

Mercedes

On Fri, 28 May 1999 06:41:40 EDT Tollhase1 at aol.com writes:
> Could I have a period recipe for the barley, onion mushroom thing?
> Sound
> Goods and would like to use it in a feast.
>
> Frederich

> SCA-Cooks".

===