SC - A&S with subtlety

Mike Young uther at lcc.net
Sun May 2 08:23:36 PDT 1999

I was so excited after the A&S contest I entered with pine nut candy two
weeks ago that I want to enter the subtlety contest at the 20th year
celebration for Ansteorra.  I have to say that every contest I have
entered, I have learned a great deal from talking to the judges.  They are
always very helpful, and offer wonderful constuctive criticism.  And at
this particular event, His Majesty (our evil list administrator) was also
very helpful and encouraging.   Anyway, I know I want to do my Lord's
device.  I thought I had decided to make it using the Lost Bread recipe
from "Thousand Eggs".  His arms are black and white and the sugar topping
would be easy enough to use.  However, I just visited the florigium and saw
so many ideas with sugar paste and such that now I can't decide.  (The
florigium articles on A&S were also very helpful in giving me next steps
and new projects.)
Any opinions out there? :-)  What would be the best way to make my Lord's
black and white device edible?

thanks,
gwyneth