SC - Another observation on clean-up

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 09:48:24 PDT 1999

> > << Supplying bags costs money.  My lord always brings a pillowcase to
>put the
> >  dirty dishes in

> > I actually use plastic bags from the grocery store. >
>
>...however, even if you buy bags for this, you're talking maybe $0.10
>per head, which you can easily figure into your costs ahead of time.

Around here, "don't expect to wash your dishes during kitchen clean up,
stick a plastic bag in the bottom of your feast gear basket" is common
newbie advice.  Or, wash your own feast gear while helping with clean up.

As cook, I'm willing to stuff the grocery sacks that accumulate during the
day into one sack and place it near the door for them that need bags, but I
wouldn't buy bags for the purpose.  Just encourages the idea that some of us
are here to entertain and care for the rest, who are here only to be
entertained and cared for.  Nope, sorry, everyone on the site has at least
the responsability of caring for their own gear.
Bonne