SC - Citron and Potato

Wed May 5 13:06:51 PDT 1999

Why would they be worried about side effects when potatoes were found being
used as food in Peru?  Considering the Conquistador's supply methods, I'm
certain potatoes were well tested before they ever reached Spain.

IIRC, the information about the potatoes came from the hospital account
books, which suggests that the idea of them being an experiment is probably
academic speculation.

My personal opinion is the hospital bought them because they were
inexpensive and their clientele couldn't complain.

Bear