SC - lemon syrup

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Thu May 6 13:08:39 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/5/99 10:04:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
aviendha1 at hotmail.com writes:

<< I am preparing a feast with my shire's cooks guild at Warriors and
Warlords
 this summer.  I was wondering how long lemon syrup keeps, so that I may
 prepare it ahead of time without worrying.  The idea is to do as little or
 no cooking at the event.  SO we are hoping to have everything cooked
 beforehand. >>

I made a batch in the beginning of January for 12th Night and had some left,
which I stored in the fridge.  When I went to check it for my upcoming feast
this weekend, it had lots of little white balls floating in it, some in large
conglomerations.  I decided not to experiment with it :-)

So I would say, somewhat less than 4 months, refrigerated.  It has certainly
kept well for a month at least in the past.

Brangwayna