SC - Words of wisdom 9florilegium)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat May 8 21:31:16 PDT 1999

Luveday asked:
> In July, my husband and I are giving a class dealing with being a Kitchen
> Steward for the first time.   What I would like to know from you good folks
> is what information/ tips/ hints/ etc., would you have liked to known before
> doing your first feast?

Questions such as yours are exactly why I have been mining the messages
posted here on this list and elsewhere for useful hints and recommendations.

Check these files in the FEASTS section of my Florilegium:
headcooks-msg     (83K) 12/11/98    Advice for SCA headcooks. Planning feasts.
HC-butchers-art   (13K) 10/ 4/97    For Headcooks - How to work with your
local
                                       butcher.
kitchen-clean-msg (10K)  5/ 4/99    Cleaning the kitchen after and SCA event.
feast-serving-msg (76K)  1/29/99    Ideas for serving feasts. How to organise.
fst-disasters-msg (36K)  4/20/99    Tales of SCA feasts that were disasters.
Fst-Menus-art     (11K)  4/15/99    "On Rules for Feast Menus"
                                      by Lord Daniel Raoul le Vascon du Navarre.

There are also a number of files that review specific SCA feasts. In some of
these you will find comments on what the cook would do differently next time
or what didn't work out like they expected.

Hope this helps.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: