SC - Celery

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun May 9 16:09:07 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/7/99 5:54:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, allilyn at juno.com
writes:

<< And, most of the
 recipes developed after the trading of sugar became available call for
 the additon of sugar to many dishes we would not put it in, today.  >>

Examples, please. I currently put sugar in stews, soups, vegetables and many
savory dishes. In small quantities it mellows the dish and acts much like MSG
as a flavor enhancer. I have  personally found few modern dishes that
wouldn't be improved by the addition of  at least1 tsp of sugar per 6
servings in modern cuisine. And the use of sugar as a flavor enhancer in
vegetable and meat dishes was rather common until the past 30 yrs.

Ras