SC - Words of wisdom 9florilegium)

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Mon May 10 07:33:38 PDT 1999

> Luveday asked:
> > In July, my husband and I are giving a class dealing with being a
> Kitchen
> > Steward for the first time.   What I would like to know from you good
> folks
> > is what information/ tips/ hints/ etc., would you have liked to known
> before
> > doing your first feast?

	The thing I wished most that I had known before I did my first feast
was the ends and outs of buying from wholesalers. Most are willing to work
with non-profit groups if you are buy enough to feed 100 or more. This can
save a tremendous amount of money but takes work cultivating the people to
find out when the best time to show up is.
	The second thing that I wished to have known was the need to count
the cost of aluminum foil, dish washing detergent, etc. in when figuring
cost. (We submit a menu and budget when bidding for a feast).
	Margarite