SC - First topics

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon May 10 09:08:36 PDT 1999

> > There were also discussions on whether
> >  a feast should be "period" or "edible".
>
> This always fascinates me. Why not BOTH!???
>
> Corwyn

Well, that's kind of the joke. Many people, including me, had expirienced
too many "period" feasts that were just terrible. I'll never forget the
Rasin Feast (ick). So there was a big debate between the "I'm here to make
my diners happy" and the "How can you have a period event and serve modern
food?" crowds. I think things have progressed significantly both on the list
and in many kingdoms' attitudes over the last couple of years. I do know that
here in Ansteorra there has been a dramatic swing in the interest in doing
more period feasts and I've become a true convert and actual period cooking
snob. But, as I say about my kingship, I try to be a benevolent despot.

Yours,

Gunthar
(Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.)