SC - Food Allergies

Chris and Anne House house at texoma.net
Tue May 11 12:23:51 PDT 1999

>It makes you wonder about how people historically must have survived, with
>food allergies - without modern medecine, it must have been difficult to
>identify. It also makes me wonder about the use of modern technology in
>farming and food production - are allergies link to chemical poisoning etc
>from hormones pesticides irradiation and the rest.

>I wonder if the preponderance of pre-cooked, 'artificial' food in daily
life
>causes these allergies?

I firmly believe that a good portion of food and environmental allergies
are, indeed, linked to the type of food that we as a society eat.

For instance; most folks with environmental allergies are encouraged to eat
local honey, providing of course that they are not allergic to the honey
itself. That way, they are able to build up a tolerance for those allergens
safely and naturally. Honey is a sweetener used through out history and
until the industrial age would be available locally  to just about everyone.

What do we do for children with ADD/ADHD? We cut all the artificial
preservatives and the red dye from their diet!

Kiriandra