SC - Quotes- OOP (American foods)

Mike and Pat Luco mikel at pdq.net
Sat May 15 17:03:23 PDT 1999

Whilst walking the streets of Sienna a few days after the Palio I heard an American
tourist exclaim how the stalls of the fish monger smelled, and their general digust
about foods in open markets.  I thought that the smell was not offensive, just fishy.
I really wanted to BASH the tourist, I almost felt ashamed to be from the same
country.  The markets in Italy are clean, and the produce is fresh.  I never worried
about eating their food.  They have a deep pride in their food.  I wish that stores in
the USA carried such FRESH food, only a day or so from picking and in prime
condition.  Instead we get produce at odd times of the year shipped in from an unknown
Latin country, sprayed and douced in chemicals, picked green and tasteless.  Just so
we can have fresh strawberries at Christmas...I could go on, but I'll save the
bandwidth.
  --

Henri and Antea
Kingdom of Ansteorra, Barony Stargate