SC - whey preserved foods (long)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun May 16 20:32:31 PDT 1999

Nanna said:
> And no, I´m not planning on translating it.

Ok. but I wish you would. How about a smaller book or pamplet series on
Icelandic food history? Even a self-published one might greatly add to
the knowledge of those interested in Icelandic history and food. I have no
idea how well similar books do for their authors in the SCA but it would
appear that you would have little competition.

In the meantime, if you have more of these wonderful bits of info on the
history of Icelandic foods please feel free to send them to the list. Or
if you have some articles, I would love to have them for the Florilegium.
You keep all rights and copyrights but I can't pay you for them. :-(

> >Also, your header info comes through the digest to me as:
> >> From: "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Nanna_R=F6gnvaldard=F3ttir?=" <nannar at isholf.is>
>
> Yes, I know, that is the downside of speaking a language which hasn´t
> changed that much for a thousand years, and has quite a lot of characters
> that English doesn´t have. My name is Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir - or
> Rognvaldardottir, if your computer can´t handle the Icelandic letters (that
> is, if it is a Macintosh).

Huh? I got both of these ok and I use only Macintoshes. I think it is the
list digestifier that is having problems. It also doesn't seem to know
what to do with the single character fraction symbols, for example 1/2
done as a single character.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: