SC - war food

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sat May 22 23:23:57 PDT 1999

- -----Original Message-----
From: Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net>
To: SCA-Cooks maillist <SCA-Cooks at Ansteorra.ORG>
Date: Sunday, May 23, 1999 9:36 PM
Subject: SC - war food

>Branwen asked:
>> This is Branwen here - and I am contemplating ways to make my camp =
>> cooking more period.

        For Uprising (1st war of tourney season in Artemisia) I have a menu
planned that is peri - iod:  Lentil soup and sausage,  reheated pork
(instead of lamb) in wine sauce from fabulous feasts, and Capon w/ orange
sauce from Good housewife's jewell, thses are the evening meals that I will
prepare this week and freeze.  Then, I'll just boil water for the rice or
fettacinne and re-heat the meat and sauce.   Lunches will be make your own
sandwiches, tho' I will have chicken in royal sauce for one lunch  (or
snacking) and breakfasts tend to be oatmeal with fruit, or bread and choice
of hot drinks.

Caointiarn