SC - What's cooking at the Tabard?

James L. Matterer jlmatterer at labyrinth.net
Tue May 25 11:59:43 PDT 1999

You might like to check out my website on Chaucerian Cookery. I've
researched Chaucer's writings for references for food and have related
them to corresponding period recipes. All of "Chaucer's Foods" are
listed there (bread, cheese, ale, wine, bake mete, etc.) with the
location in Chaucer's poetry where they might be found.  And there are
some pretty graphics, too, and other literary/food info.

It's at:

A Chaucerian Cookery
http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/ccookery.htm

I received my laurel for researching the food of Chaucer's time and
poetry, so this is certainly one of my favorite subjects!

Maste Huen/Jim Matterer
- --
A Boke of Gode Cookery
http://www.labs.net/dmccormick/huen.htm