SC - Personal Confession

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sat May 29 19:53:46 PDT 1999

In a message dated 5/29/99 8:02:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
phlip at morganco.net writes:

<< While I hate killing, I believe it is my responsibility as a meat eater to
 understand and realize fully what I'm doing every time I eat meat-  >>

I can vouch for this. When Phlip so generaously located and transported the
rabbits that I needed for a feast from Ohio to Central PA, she insisted (and
rightly so) that I tell her how I slaughtered rabbits before we began the
process. I did. She suggested a faster killing method and showed me how to do
it then insisted that I do my own killing. I did well except for one
unfortunate slip which left  my friend with  several stitches in her arm.

One of the rabbits had been in a fight which caused some hair loss to the
animal and a genral legarthy. Phlip insisted that it was not right to kill it
so we didn't. The humanity she showed to the sick animal was a memory that I
shall always cherish and a lesson that shall not be soon forgotten.

Ras