SC - bone soup

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon May 31 21:27:13 PDT 1999

Caointiarn asked about marrow and commented:
> I would use the ham meat for a meal
> (maybe two if I have enough for sandwiches) and then the scraps for a soup.

I'm not sure if you will get enough marrow from one bone. But we have
discussed marrow a little bit before. This file in the FOOD section
of my Florilegium has some suggestions on how to extract it from the
bone if you decide to do this yourself as well as several recipes using
marrow. None are for soups though, if I remember correctly.

marrow-msg        (21K) 12/ 3/98    Getting bone marrow. Recipes with marrow.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****