SC - Experience in period cooking

Tue Nov 2 13:15:34 PST 1999

Christine A Seelye-King wrote:
> Subj: OT, OOP, But Funny
[my parody snipped]

*deep bow, turban's forehead sweeping a small spot clean on the floor*

Thank you, milady.  I am most honored. :)  How thoroughly you have
stroked this ego.  Keep....turban ... on.  Must....fight.... swelling.

Lest I incite confusion:
A little background is in order, this being a multi-kingdom list.  On
the Tavern Yard (mailing list for the Kingdom of Meridies), Lord
Gryffri de Newmarch posts "Today in Medieval History" or TiMH.  The
'St. Chef' entry didn't say what had happened on that day.  I asked.

Ld. Gryffri's reply:

> St. Chef, or possibly you know him as St. Theuderius, was abbot of
> Jerusalem in the second century.  He was the subject of much artwork
> in France before the eighth century one of which depicts him
> surrounded by angles at the temple.

Still not entirely sure of the significance of the date.  Possibly
date of saint-ification?  Dunno.

Anyway, it pleases me that you got a laugh out of it.

Serving forth chuckles and feasts in service to Society, Kingdom and
Shire,
Iyad ibn Bisharo, Shire of Easaraigh, Kingdom of Meridies
Chip Allen, Cookeville, TN
jallen at multipro.com