SC - "Fooles and Friccasees" exhibit at the Folger

Tollhase1@aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 05:19:01 PST 1999

>>Interestingly enough, the French are 'still' using the design in the
>>eighteenth century.

>What's the evidence for that? I was assuming Townsend and Sons were
>just being anachronistic.

>David/Cariadoc

Not primary, in my case. I'm no Quebecois archeologist, just a sometime
reinactor with the Forces of Montcalm and Wolf. The French troops from
the F&I liked them, thought they were appropriate. The other 18th Cen
suttlers sell them as correct. The Voyagers at Ft. Quiatenon (Feast of
the Hunters Moon), liked them. But hey, those guys sleep under their
canoes. You got me. Maybe Moonwolf would know. I could supply a much
better level of hearsay for the 4th Royal Atty, Fort Niagra detachment,
or for the 1st Jager Co. von Hesse, both late 18th Cen. At least I know
the researchers for those units.
- --
Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe, OP
- - Companion of the order of the Greenwood Company
http://web.raex.com/~agincort