SC - "Fooles and Friccasees" exhibit at the Folger

Elysant@aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Wed Nov 3 16:32:15 PST 1999

> A thousand pardons, but if I recall correctly, Icelandic chicken is
> wrapped in bacon.  Pigs, of course, are mammals.

We are doing some creative work here. One thing we are doing
is adding a bit of butter and turkey bacon. Another is using dark
meat and adding a bit of olive oil.

> How does Miguel feel about dairy products, the very essence of
> mammalia?

> I say these things only in the event that they may help you avoid
> uncomfortable last-minute realizations.

Miguel has no problem eating dairy products or even with meat per
se. He isn't a vegetarian, simply he doesn't want to eat anything
that he can associate personality with. He will occasionally eat
bacon or something but just doesn't prefer it.

Dairy and eggs are no problem with him. He even allowed us to
put meat products on the vigil table but we wanted it to reflect
his habits. Besides, the challenge is fun and we can make some
very tasty dishes with this.

The next night the Household is hosting a party with a big
cauldron of venison stew as the centerpiece.

> > Does anyone have info about Portugese recipes?
>
> There have been many threads about Portuguese cookbooks in the last
> few months.  Maybe some of the list members involved in that past
> discussion can help.  You could also check Stefan's Florilegium and
> Cariadoc's Miscellany, my first two stops when searching for
> something of this type.

I'm working on those. My usual requests for thing like this involve simply
asking people what they have tried and what some favorites are.

> The thoughts and opinions of but a single person,

Thank you.