SC - more period foods

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Nov 3 23:26:08 PST 1999

Puck commented:
> She asked me what it is about the SCA that fascinates me so, and what it is
> that I enjoy so much about it.  I gave several reasons why I love what we
> do, and had happened to read this post about 20 minutes before our
> discussion and paraphrased it, presenting this idea to her as well.  No joy,
> I guess she just doesn't get it/feel it. <sigh>

I think I'm coming in at the tail end of this thread, but perhaps these
files in the SCA-SOCIOLOGY section of my Florilegium might be of use to you, Puck.
magic-moments-msg (43K)  5/29/98    "Magic moments" experienced in the SCA.
SCA-as-family-msg (27K)  2/12/96    Sometimes the SCA is more like family.
SCA-reasons-msg   (32K)  2/ 5/96    The reasons various people joined the SCA.
SCA-The-Dream-msg (50K)  1/11/96    What the SCA means for different people.

And if you just can't fire any interest in the SCA in her, you may just
have to learn to deal with it.
non-SCA-part-msg  (45K)  7/29/97    Dealing with partners who are not in the SCA

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****